Wednesday, March 9, 2011

1999 F150 XLT 4x4 just rolled 211,000 miles, when should i rebuild the engine?

Well I would say that qualifies as ford tough I have seen this in a lot of older fords, both cars and trucks, you know the main thing is how much oil it starts using. If it starts using about as much oil as it does gas its time to make a change. so a 5.4 triton 330 cubes pulling a big heavy truck I would say it did its job. I would check with an online manufacturer "ford racing.com" They should be able to help, although personally I know last year ford came out with a BOSS 351 that would be perfect for your truck has a bit more cubes and 450 hp but who is counting? any way food for thought, thank you for the post, I love to hear about any thing that can still roll good at 200,000 now thats some living in my book, that truck been around the block twice!!! my ol chevy still gotta long way to go. best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment