Thursday, March 10, 2011

Why was the girl so mad at me for being honest?

Women will often advise us to be perfectly honest, but any man who has ever done so will quickly realize that's not truly what they want. I use a different formula ( and mind you, even this is not an absolute): I lean heavily toward honesty (keeping things totally abstract and non-specific) and when I sense a nasty gray area up ahead, I go silent. Why? Because the truth often hurts, deeply in some cases, before you can run damage control. And, you certainly cannot un-ring a bell. She may come around again, but she may not. She's not being unreasonable, you just got some bum scoop. Keep this in mind for the next time you encounter a similar situation. (Steer clear of any topic that asks you if they look fat.) Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment